An IP Law Firm Representing Innovators, Entrepreneurs And Creators
Ryan M. Schneer
- Managing Member
- Intellectual Property
Ryan has experience assisting clients with their patent-related needs in several technologies such as, but not limited to: consumer products, cannabis, textiles, pharmaceuticals, biomaterials, electrochemistry, acoustic devices, optical devices, polymers, membrane technology, filtration, fuel cells, lithium-ion-batteries, flue gas removal, green technology, recycling processes, petroleum chemistry, asphalt technology, biomass, chromatography, cementing, agrochemistry, alloys, medical devices, catalysis, virtual reality devices, AI/machine learning, blockchain/cryptocurrency, carbon capture/storage, adhesives, among many others. Ryan takes great pleasure in working with scientists, chemists, engineers, coders, and "techies" of all stripes and skill levels.
Ryan is a true creative and has been writing music and poetry, singing, and playing piano for over twenty-five years. During his time in law school, Ryan represented community artists and musicians in Washington, DC at the Glushko-Samuelson Intellectual Property Clinic at American University. To this day, Ryan maintains a pro-bono practice with the Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts. So even if you are not a "techie," Ryan can help support your legal needs throughout any creative or artistic endeavor.
In his free time, when not serving his clients, Ryan can be found watching his long-suffering Mets and Jets, playing music, exercising, or, most importantly, spending quality time with his wife, Leah.
- American University, Washington College of Law, Washington, District of Columbia
- J.D. - 2014
- Honors: cum laude
- University of Delaware
- Bachelor of Chemical Engineering (B.Ch.E.) - 2011
- Honors: With Honors
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- New York Intellectual Property Law Association (“NYIPLA”)
- Tips for Managing Complex Multi-Subsidiary, Multi-Jurisdictional IP Portfolios — New Jersey Law Journal
- Utility in Canada and the United States—Before and After the Demise of Canada’s Promise of the Patent Doctrine —New York Intellectual Property Law Association 2017-2018 Winter Report
- Current Proposals to Amend U.S. Patent Law —American University Washington College of Law Patent Policy Forum
- Former USPTO Patent Examiner Shares His Advice for Patent Practitioners—LexisNexis Better Patents Now Podcast
- Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai